Friday, January 9, 2009

Grades

Ok, so I thought I'd try out a system for letting you know right off the bat the sort of movie you're about to see. So next to the film's name on the list on the right shall be a grade, and it's gonna work just like it does in school. The only difference is that school can't account for movies so blindingly dreadful as to warrant a watch simply for its outstanding craziness.

So here's how you know what's what:
A - When a fright film is worthy of nothing but the highest praise.
B - When things are almost there and a decent film results
C - When the makings of a good film are maddeningly just out of reach
D - When a film doesn't scare and gets old at about the half hour mark.
F - When you wouldn't wish this movie on your enemies
Z - When a movie is so thoroughly batshit crazy and wrongheaded that it is worthy of remembrance. You may laugh, you may cry, you may vomit.

I hope I've made things clear enough. Should you have questions, my office hours are on the door, but remember I have a meeting with the dean later today.

No comments: